Order No. 21 of the Chancellor of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń of 27 May 2020 on the principles of functioning of the administration of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń and the performance of work duties by non-academic staff between 1 June 2020 and 30 September 2020.
Pursuant to Art. 13 of the order No. 109 of the Rector of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń of 27 May 2020 on preventing the spread of SARS -CoV-2 among community members of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń (Biuletyn Prawny UMK of 2020, item 200) it is ordered as follows:
- Employees are obliged to keep their personal contacts at work to a minimum.
- It is an obligation to use e-mail and telephone to ensure the necessary communication.
- Employees must wear masks except for their workstations when moving around the University buildings.
- Heads of administration units shall ensure that workstations are arranged in such a way that the distance between them is at least 1.5 m.
- In the case of rooms where it is not possible to meet the requirement referred to in Art. 2.1, the head shall divide administration employees into two teams which shall work in an alternate mode on-site or pursuant to the principles set out in Article 3 – remotely.
- In the case of persons with reduced immunity due to age and underlying diseases and pregnant women, the head may apply for only remote working - pursuant to the principles set out in Art. 3.
- The principles referred to in Art. 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 shall also apply to engineering and technical staff and librarians who shall be instructed to work remotely by the heads of the units in which they are employed.
- Heads of organizational units and heads of administration units where employees were instructed to work remotely shall set their work schedules. Work schedules prepared on a monthly basis shall be approved by the Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor for Collegium Medicum in the case of administration and service staff and by the head of the unit in case of engineering and technical staff and librarians. Approved schedules shall be included in the employee records.
- At the request of the administration employee with the opinion of his/her immediate superior on it or ex-officio, the Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor for Collegium Medicum respectively may instruct the employee to work remotely for a specified period of time in so far as the nature of the work permits. The request shall include the scope of remote work specified by the immediate supervisor to be performed by the employee.
- In the event that the employee is requested to work remotely, the immediate superior of the employee is obliged to supervise the performance of the work. The request to work remotely shall be included in the employee records.
- Paper correspondence, in particular invoices, bills, business travel itineraries addressed to the university central administration units must be submitted to the Mail Office (pl. Kancelaria) in the Toruń campus and to the CM Mail Office (pl. Kancelaria) in the Bydgoszcz campus respectively. Correspondence should be collected after first obtaining information by telephone.
- Paper correspondence addressed to organizational units and other units of administration must be submitted in designated receptions located in the main offices of the said units.
- Paper correspondence from units located in Toruń outside the university campus in Bielany shall be collected and transported to the Mail Office (pl. Kancelaria) by a designated employee of the Procurement and Transport Department after telephone notification.
- Paper correspondence submitted to the Mail Office (pl Kancelaria) or a designated reception shall be subject to 24-hour quarantine before it is forwarded to the appropriate unit.
- The immediate supervisor shall provide the persons receiving correspondence with personal protective equipment in the form of masks and disposable gloves and hand disinfectant.
In the event that it shall become necessary to take personal care of children in case a nursery, a children's club, a kindergarten or a school attended by a child being closed due to the SARS-CoV-2 virus threat, this circumstance may justify the absence of the employee from work in the period laid down in separate regulations. In the event of the above, the employee is obliged to send a scan of the relevant statement (forms available on the website of the Payroll Department and of the CM Payroll Department) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in the Toruń campus and to email@example.com in the Bydgoszcz campus.
The order becomes effective as of 1 June 2020.
C H A N C E L L O R
Dr Tomasz Jędrzejewski
Order No. 21